Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:48 PM,

"Welcome back winter once again. And put on your warm fuzzy sweater, cause you'll feel much better when the snowflakes fall gently to the ground. The temperature drops and your shivers freeze all the rivers around, but I keep you warm."


So basically, I am NOT a winter fan. Never was, never will be. But I could not resist those adorable lyrics from my boy Owl City. I mean really, it's the cutest song and it actually makes winter seem tolerable. Scary thought. Anyhow, what I am loving most about this bitter season is the music! The holiday spirit is so infectious, and I cannot deny it's wonder and beauty! The decorations, the sweet slow sound of "O Holy Night" coming through my car radio just makes my mornings so lovely. I cannot describe the magic I feel as I await the day of Christ's birth. It's all so surreal. I can't believe an entire year has gone by since last Christmas. No way. And to think in only 14 short days I will be eighteen years old. Creepy. Where does time go? How does it escape my grasp so easily? I thought I was pretty strong, but time is definitely stronger. It is an unstoppable force in this world we pretend we can control. And then there's that weather. Now THAT I wish I could control. Though I will admit, I do enjoy a nice sled run and some tubing/tobogganing. But I'd rather not experience it ALL year. Ok, ok. I'm dramatic :) Oh well. It is what it is. I'll try to be excited...ok, I'm not really gonna try. I'll just deal with it. I'll blast my "Jingle Bells" and I will turn up the heat and I will enjoy this joyous holiday!!!!!!! No matter how frozen my fingers and toes are.
post a comment (0)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}