Saturday, December 25, 2010 5:41 PM,

Wow. Why is it so hard for me to focus on CHRISTmas. It's all about the candy, the food, the presents and the pictures. But when it comes to CHRIST'S birth....I don't have much to say, not a huge reaction. I'm trying to re-energize my love for this holiday by fueling myself with the REAL reason for the season, but it's just hard with all the secular meanings to Christmas floating around. Even one of my favorite Christmas songs is just about a sleazy lady deciding whether to sleepover at her boy's house cause it's cold outside...yeah. Not very Christ like is it? Man, I just hate the battle that I have to go through everyday to just remember why I'm breathing. I'm not ecstatic to be alive because of some song, or because I just got the cutest cowboy boots, or even because I got two awesome cds today. Not even that I got to hold his hand for a whole movie. Nope, it's because God gave me life!!! He made me a walking miracle and then He reached down and said living isn't enough. You have to live for ME. yeah. Everything I do has to glorify him, and I have to share this AMAZING news with everyone around me. Dude, that is so tough these days. I'd rather focus on cheerleading or writing letters or looking cute. It's easier. But I was never called to "easier". I was called to BETTER. and better means seeing past the materialism of this holiday. Seeing past Santa, the sorry replacement for Jesus. Seeing past the tree, while beautiful, it is no more than a piece of wood in my living room. It doesn't define me. The steak and potatoes awaiting my watering mouth don't define me. JESUS CHRIST defines me. I actually have an identity in Christ. I'm not just another nobody searching for fulfillment, because I already have my fulfillment. amazing, right?
Please God! Help me to remember why I'm celebrating today!!
post a comment (1)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}