Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:21 PM,

You know what really bugs me? The fact that you cannot capture the sound of music with words. How could I ever describe that rush I get when a violin string is scraped slowly in agony and then the next split second quickly with excitement? How can I possibly put into words how the strum of a guitar makes my heart skip a beat? How will I ever know enough vocabulary to show you how the piano's elegant keys move me so!!?? It truly is not possible. You have to hear it with your own ears. You have to experience it. You have to surrender yourself to music. The sound of it is not easily translated to words, and even the best writers will struggle to capture the great multitude of emotions it gives rise to. It is a mystery that will never be revealed I fear, because music is another language and it is so beyond our small realm of words. Oh how I full of sorrow I become when I think of the deaf children that will never have the glorious opportunity to discover music's beauty. If I had half a heart I would weep endlessly for them, but of course, I don't. I haven't even cracked the capacity of my heart, and I doubt I will anytime soon. I continue on my endless search for satisfaction and a desire to be understood. But music will never be understood by a reader. It is something that must be felt in the deepest caverns of your heart. Don't EVER shut out the music. Let it penetrate your stony depths until you are completely melted and all your convictions and armor lay in a pile at your feet. Let it mold you into something you never dreamed you could be.
Yes, that's what music does. It changes us in barely visible ways, yet one note has the power to bring out the sadness of a thousand years. One shrieking trumpet tears open the wounds of ten thousand years! One drum beat in a steady cadence can kill all inhibitions.
Surrender yourself to the sound of the music. Stop trying to describe it and just become it!
post a comment (0)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}