So I am in the beautiful south. It's hot and steamy and perfect. Except for that obnoxious traffic and the insane amount of traffic lights. really? it's awful. but the people here are my favorite and the weather is phenomenal. :)
But really it amazes me how two completely different places can captivate my heart. The south has it's special place in me because it's where I was born and raised. But the north has it's own special powers that I can hardly explain, because it wasn't until now that I actually realized them. They have bewitched me in a strange way that I don't understand at all. But it's a good feeling, the feeling of being "home" no matter where I take my residence. I've definitely never experienced this feeling before, but I am not opposed to it at all.
Outside I can guarantee it's already 90 degrees, but I am already in love with the day. Not only because of the weather though. I stand in the house where my mother grew up, and where she was molded into the woman she now is today. The stained green carpet upstairs catches my eye, and the homemade collage hanging on the wall makes my heart swell. The practically antique telephone in the front bedroom upstairs is enchanting and I feel as if I am a part of a piece of history in the making. Old thing do that to me. They are completely timeless really, so why do I refer to them as old? They are magical and I wish I could take them all home with me....
Well, the music is ending now and I must part with this lap top that I do so adore. :) Oh, what a happy day.....
post a comment (0) back to top? a skin by leen12