So technically my birthday is over because it's past midnight...but I want to reflect on the day's happenings :)
First! I didn't even wake up till noon because I have been so behind on sleep. Wednesday night I literally got 3 hours of sleep...wow.
Anyways, so I get up, have some cereal, play with my laptop a little then my mom announces I have a surprise!!! So I go into her room...and there's a package on the bed!! Turns out my Virginia friends sent me a package a few days ago and asked my mom to hide it till my birthday :D So I opened that and enjoyed it's contents:
-pictures/picture frame -lotion -nail polish -candy!! -3 cds -bows/flowers for my hair -hand sanitizer -letters
:) it was lovely. Then I just relaxed until like 3 when I decided to do my hair! So I curled it all pretty and picked out a cute dress/boots to wear in honor of the occasion! Then I downloaded my cds onto my ipod! Then I did some laundry and then my brother and dad got home from work/school!
Then the fun began! I had picked out Texas Roadhouse to go to for dinner. We get there and it's PACKED. I was not thrilled. I didn't wanna wait forever for a table and it was cold outside. What if we had to stand outside to wait?! I was a little ticked I am ashamed to say. So I complained all the way into the restaurant. We get inside...and who is there waiting for me?
JULIE AND HANNAH!! my two best friends from high school!!!
Best surprise ever!!! :)
After a delicious steak, bacon/cheese mashed potatoes and a salad I was sooo stuffed. Oh, and not to mention my presents from them as well!
THEN I met some friends to go see Sherlock Holmes!! It was SO good. and I had some quality time with some people I hadn't seen in a while.
Now I am sitting here re-telling the events of my birthday, thinking how blessed I am. Wow. God just amazes me. In the midst of my selfish complaining God was laughing, thinking, "This girl has no idea what lies ahead for her...What I have in store." and this is so true for more than just my birthday! But life general.