The phases of my life...something to really ponder, isn't it? And I am one of I those people. You know, the kind that hates change and would rather sit in stagnancy than move and risk being hurt or worse...alone. And here I am. Leaving home. Leaving everything I love and never want to change! Here I AM choosing change. What?! haha. But it's true. I KNOW it will be the hardest part of my life yet. Because I have someone managed to get through life never being alone, never having to give up what I want to stay the same. I mean, I did experience the move 3 years back over 900 miles, but even I made that work! But now this...it wasn't not forced upon me. It isn't in the "rule book" for life. No. I, Kaitlyn, chose this road in my life.
What is the road?
college.
Not just the community college down the road. No. The college that is 2 hours away. The college with the room mate I've only met once in my life and that was 2 months ago!! I'm breaking away from everyone and everything. I'm absolutely terrified. But I know I will NEVER be broken of my old ways if I don't step out there. And sure, I might hate every minute of it. And I can guarantee there will be tears and complaining! But this education, this school, this dream...it means more to me than my fears. and wow. These words are even shocking me as I type them.
Fear has been my captor for many many years. I have had that revealed to me many many times. But somehow I hope that this college experience will help break me of that. Because somehow up to this point, no amount of Bible verse quoting has helped me get out of it. Not that the Bible isn't powerful enough. No. I just refused to put the words into action. And this Friday I am!!