We can go no where but up, tell me, what we got to fear?? Honestly, with the strength of our love we can go no where but up!
<3 <3
Yes. I love Justin Bieber. I'm sorry to all you haters :P haha. Anyways. Yesterday and today I learned a lot about my standards and God's and other girls, mainly about modesty, but other stuff too. and I liked that I came out of it all being satisfied with my convictions. I didn't feel doubtful or questioning, and that made me feel good. I don't want to be on the wrong page with God when it comes to my standards, especially about modesty and such. Big issues, which have caused many heated arguments between students and teachers at my school, but somehow I'm finally getting it. I used to be the one arguing the teacher, but somehow this year has been better, despite the long hours of shopping searching for that one shirt that makes the dress code (can you say EW!!). But someone made a really good point. and it stuck with me.
"Modesty is a heart issue."
whoa. let that sink in! it's convicting for sure! and then another statement i loved.
"If you dress to look sexy, you will get sex. If you dress to look lovely, you will get love!"
So true!!! I mean, what are you saying with your body?! Oh, and did you know that sins of the body are the only sins that affect you on the outside and inside? crazy, but God wasn't joking when he said your BODY was the temple of the Holy Spirit! He lives IN YOU!!! and whatever is happening in there is gonna show outwardly.
I hope these aren't old words that have been bouncing in your head forever, and when you read this you feel condemned and judged all over again. That is the least of my message! No! My message is one of sincere concern for our generation and the girls I see giving their bodies over to sin daily. It saddens me!
Let these words take a fresh root in your heart! I pray they don't fall on deaf ears.