Friday, November 12, 2010 2:27 PM,

What is it about a hymn that just catches my attention? Is it that ancient melody floating up through my computer speakers and into the my cavernous ear canals? Is it that I feel some connection with the writer? Is it some sensitivity to beautifully written music ingrained into my being far before I was born? Is it some magic that overcomes my body when I first hear the plunk of a piano key and the sweet squeal of a violin strong? What is it that so captures my heart in that short, brief, awe-inspiring song? It lasts but a couple mere minutes, but it permeates me for days on end as I replay my emotions in rapid fire throughout the next week. I cannot explain the impact music has on me, and why a hymn should have such a stronger effect than some catchy tune on the radio. Words are words, and nothing more...but that is such a lie. Words are stories. Words are legacies. and I feel a part of that legacy when I sing along to a hymn. I feel somehow intertwined in some great journey that I know I was never a part of, and will never be. But then again, I think I was born into it...I've always been a part of it even before i WAS. Before existence. God speaks to me through these stories. These legacies made up of chords and strums and harmony...they God's way of embracing me.
post a comment (0)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}