Friday, August 27, 2010 10:29 PM,

Yeah, so I have like 5 million flaws and a lot of weird quirks...but that's what makes me...ME. Kaitlyn Nicole. I know I talk about myself a lot, and I hope it doesn't sound stuck up. It's just that that is the point of this blog. When I made it I wanted it to be a place I could explore myself and learn who I am and what I'm really about. So sometimes the main focus seems like it's me, but really it's all about who's making me into ME. And that person is Jesus. Although I guess he isn't completely a "person". But you get the idea. I just want to say that before I proceed, so you don't think I'm some self-absorbed freak...although the second part of that is true. :)

Anyways. I wish people would accept me for me. Like who cares if she's a germ-o-phobe? Who cares that she doesn't like soda unless it's flat? WHO CARES IF SHE HATES WISCONSIN! seriously. let me be me. let me just soak in the juices that flow through and around me so naturally. I can't deny myself. It would be suicide. And I don't believe in suicide. There's something selfish and un-human about it. Humans by nature are full of themselves and kind of slightly obsessed with themselves no matter how screwed up they are! But somehow we think it's ok to hate ourselves and then proceed to kill ourselves over it? gosh. I mean, I hate raisins, but I would never ban the production of them!!! Why would I murder a dried up grape? haha. Ok, I am crossing the line. But really, I can't (willingly) give up how I was made. I can't give up my feelings, however strange they may be. I can't give up my pet peeves. I can't just forsake my flaws. They are with me for life, but luckily I got someone who's trying to transform me despite my stubbornness. Because while I want to stay true to my God-given traits and personality, I also want to see who God wants me to be. How he wants me to change and be better. It's hard, because I am very comfortable with the Kaitlyn Nicole you see in front of you right now, but I have to keep looking past my pride into the unknown world of "better". and as I've said before... I love better.

So are you ready? Are you ready to endanger yourself and everything you cling to just to get to know me? Can you give up all your old opinions about "weird" people, and just take me for me. Stop judging and listen. Stop looking back at Mr. so-and-so and how he was so odd and how much I remind you of him. STOP. rewind. ok, pause for a second. Take in the peculiar air of Kaitlyn Nicole. OK, play. Now are you seeing me in a different light? Are my flaws somehow hidden in my charming smile? (hahahah. that was sarcastic, by the way.) Are my pet peeves somehow smaller in the gigantic light of my loves. The loves that spread so vast: from books, to picture frames, to my dog, to the God of the universe. Wow. Now that is hard to grasp. But if you would just stop I think you would be able to. Somehow when we turn off our rational mind we then can see people differently...Suddenly fairytales are possible, and somehow the princess isn't a perfect blonde with a tiara. She's an awkward 17 year old with crazy hair and one dimple. Yeah, I said it. I'm a weirdo. I'm Kaitlyn Nicole and I proudly proclaim my weirdness, and my love for those who accept it ♥
post a comment (0)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}