I am so sick of being second best. I mean what's the point of putting your heart out on the line if you're just gonna be hurt time and time again. What's the point in being broken by someone who doesn't even love you back? Why should I try so hard for your love when I get nothing in return? There's a breaking point, and I'm about to reach it. I've been telling myself this for a while, but it's finally becoming real. Being second best isn't good enough in this situation...it never will be. I was made to be your one and only, I was made to be loved exclusively...I'm not getting that kind of love from you and I never will. You've made it quite obvious. And yes, I'm ranting. And yes, I'm dramatic most of the time, but I can assure you, this time the drama is backed up by truth. Just look at your actions! I hate getting mixed messages, then trying to decode them, and once I do I just get slapped in the face every time. Just tell me the truth. Be genuine with me. Stop ignoring me. Stop leading me on. Just stop it. But you can't break me. At least not completely. None of your games are worth my time, and I'm finally standing up for me. I'm not going to aimlessly follow you, with my heart on a string. I'm not a puppet and I can't be fooled. This is where I draw the line and keep hoping for a tomorrow.
"If it's between love and losing and to never have known that feeling, I'd still side with love. And if I end up lonely at least I'll be there knowing I believe in love."
Love is so worth it...all this pain. And sure, I've never "been in love" and sure I'm inexperienced and young, but I have to go with what my heart says. I've got to live in the moment, and I know what I'm feeling today. I don't know about tomorrow or the next, but I have to act now while these thoughts and feelings are fresh. I have to stand up for love and the value it holds in my eyes. The value it will always hold in my life. Love is an art form so rare and beautiful, yet so overused and misused. It needs restoration, and you're not giving it the reviving I so long to see in my life. So goodbye and good riddance.
post a comment (0) back to top? a skin by leen12