Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:09 PM,

It's always raining these days. Literally and figuratively. School looms over my head like a dead, rotting carcass. That was a great simile, don't you think? haha. anyways. I haven't gotten any school supplies yet!! I'm terrible at this. And I still have half a book to read in like 5 days. And I'm sure a lot of those days I will be busy doing other stuff, so who knows if I'll get it done or not. Oh well. I think God is teaching me to just relax sometimes. To just breathe. Breathing is important, if you didn't know. It kind of sustains life. And I think God wants me to live right now. Stress is sort of like half living because you're so consumed with other pointless burdens, when the only "burden" that really matters is God's! His burden is easy and his yoke is light! I would so much rather take on that burden than the one I have accepted as normal lately. So yeah, no matter how stressed I feel I am reminded myself to just stop and breathe. Because it really isn't worth it. Am I gonna regret not finishing the Odyssey senior year or will I regret not speaking up for my beliefs in a group of people who may or may not be Christians....yeah. I'm gonna go with option two.
But then I think of rain and all the sudden it isn't this sad thing. Rain gives life! Rain helps plants grow. Rain brings rainbows! Rain is also a sustainer of life. Isn't that awesome? That something so associated with hard times and sadness can also be rotated to be seen as a giver of life and happiness. Some people rely on rain for their well being! Rain helps crops grow! Rain isn't all that you've heard...it's so much more. Why not turn around my sadness and stress toward school to excitment for the coming year? I mean, yes, there will be stressful days, but there will also be so many opportunities for me to grow and shine! Through the raindrops I see sunshine pouring in. Because rain can't stay forever (unless you live in Seattle.) Someday, sometime, that sun is gonna burn through and the rain will only be a bad memory...or will it? Maybe you'll look back on that "hard" time of life and see all the beautiful that bloomed through despite your stubborn sadness. So many flowers and fruit grew during that rainy season, and you only notice now looking back. That's what is so cool about God. He brings good out of the bad.

Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."
post a comment (0)
back to top?
a skin by leen 12
info
an overpouring of my heart <3

layout made by leen.
resources are from swimchick.net and ~C130 at deviantart.com


{older posts / recent posts}