Over the course of SUMMER 2010 many amazing things have happened, and I want to record them before they are forgotten, or worse, belittled in my mind. What if I decided that the week in Virginia where I found where my heart belongs was actually no big deal. No, that can't happen. So I must write down every memory in it's entirety, and stress how important they were to me, including the people involved in making that memory ♥
So starting in June when school finally was over and I was ready to celebrate!! Actually, before that. Before summer 2010 even existed I was making these memories. May 2010, Junior Senior Banquet, aka JSB. So Hannah (my bucko) and me had been looking forward to this day for MONTHS. seriously. we wrote notes back and forth, predicting what would happen, what would go wrong, what would go right...I mean, we lived and breathed JSB. then the day came. We did our hair together, we dressed in our beautiful gowns and we tried to keep our breathing steady as we awaited the arrival of our handsome dates. Hannah took her adorable cousin, Ben. and I took his best friend, Matt. It was probably one of the funnest nights of my summer. Hannah and me could NOT stop laughing, and Julie was with us, which by the way, if she hadn't have been I would have cried! And then playing cards afterward at Melissa's church. Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed so hard in a while. And of course I lost like every game, except I almost won spoons!!!
Ok now fast forward. Hannah left for camp :( and I could hardly find meaning to my life without her ;) and so Julie and Callie were my only friends! (ok, not true. but they were the ones I hung out with most!) Well, Julie and I went to Grace's 8th grade graduation. That was so fun, what a good memory! She's so gorgeous, her dad better watch out with her! Then there was Catherine's 8th grade graduation, which was my favorite. Because obviously Callie is like one of my best friends, and through our friendship I have gotten to know Catherine so much and I truly love her! She has such a pure heart, and she's so genuine with everyone. I love her sweet smile and beautiful baby blue eyes.
Then there's my family. We went to Lake Michigan together just randomly one weekend. That's the best part of my family, we don't need a perfectly prepared schedule. We don't need an agenda, we just randomly decide what we're gonna do, and honestly, those are our best memories. :D Like the huge beach where we all couldn't stop laughing, and I don't even know why! And then the little african american kids at the park acting like they were so cool, talking with their little slang and such. And then riding a tire swing for the first time in I don't know how many years!! And seeing Dad's face light up when I asked him to push me on it :) And taking that winning picture of me and Dad on the rocks. Then going home and realizing that the water there isn't really sanitary cause it's near a sewage plant. haha. Such good memories!
And before I knew it I got a call saying that Emily (my partner) was gonna pick me up in Indiana and take me to Virginia early!! I almost died. So I was packing my entire life into a small suitcase (ok, it was pretty big.) and jumping in their mini van. We stayed at this freaky motel that night and then of course we decided to watch Disturbia, which was btw, my FIRST scary movie I'd ever seen. I almost died again, but this time not from excitement. Then the next day we were in Virginia after a few hours of driving and listening to Emily's awesome playlist, which bred my new love for Needtobreathe. If you've never listened to them, now is the time.
In Virginia I could feel my heart growing wings and I felt like I finally belonged somewhere, although it was tainted by the fact that it could never again truly be my home, because now and forever my heart will have this tear in it from being pulled between Wisconsin and Virginia. It's the worst, trust me. But anyways, the day we arrived we went to Virginia beach. ah, now that was heaven. The sailboats in the distance, the fine, almost white sane. The wind. The smell of salt. I hadn't realized how much I missed it. Then we went to this church where Emily was gonna do VBS and I met new people and I learned dances and songs that I still haven't forgotten. And I laughed and I smiled and I felt love all around me.
Then the best thing happened. I got to surprise Gabby and Alicia, they had no idea I was gonna be in town!!!!! So I hid in Emily's van and Gabby and Alicia are just chillin, and Emily was like "hey let me get your present out of the van..." and she reaches in and I COME OUT!! haha they were so suprised and happy. Alicia was just frozen in excitment. haha I loved that moment. Then of course we went to Sonic and had a great time with out ice cream. We talked and laughed and I could NOT stop smiling. And this was only the beginning.
Then commenced our shopping sprees. haha. Take note: in Wisconsin there are like NO malls. So I had been pretty deprived. There was this NEW outdoor mall in Virginia and I HAD to go there. I bought so much stuff, it is a good thing I babysat the whole week before going to Virginia, earning like over 200 bucks. That lasted me the whole trip thankfully :) I got a dress, shirts, a new wallet, a ring, and that's only the start. One of my favorite memories: going to Ross and watching Emily try on like a million dresses for Emma's mom's wedding, then learning after I got back in Wisconsin that she didn't wear one of them! hahah. oh, and Gabby telling me stories about the freshman and their obsession with their bodies when they already look perfect. :) OH. and going to Q. OH MY GOODNESS. best southern barbeque ever. ok, not really. Cook out has the best barbecue. but it was a close second. ahhh. and of course: CHICK FIL A. ah. I was literally in heaven.
OK, then that night it was hang out time at Emily's house. Alicia came and Megan and Julie and it was great. we took these crazy pictures and we watched Rabid Grannies. note: DO NOT WATCH. haha it was so disgusting/disturbing. That was my second "scary" movie since I came to Virginia. And then Megan's phone died during a very important conversation so she had to go in Gabby's car to charge it and so we all just ended up hanging out in Gabby's car until everyone had to leave. It was so fun :)
NOW comes the realllll fun. I went to JULIE'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! It was so fun. We did like everything we had planned. Pistachios. Movies. Walks. Pictures. Platos Closet. Ulta. Matching dresses for the beach. Oh and in the midst of all this: Gabby's birthday party!! It was awesome, like almost our whole class was there, except the guys. (well Riley was) :) and wow. I got Gabby this adorable shirt, even though she was there when I bought it. haha.
AND THEN. wait for it....I SAW MY PUNK, ASHLEY! wow. I hadn't seen her in like over a year. so weird. and we were like bestfriends since 4th grade. Anyways, so we caught up, went to the beach, drove around, went thrifting, went to Fort fun, only to discover it had been ruined!! sad day. took tons of pictures though! Wow. it was a day to remember for sure. And of course I write her letters all the time now :)
Then beach day! Alicia, Gabby, Emily, Julie and Graham! and me of course. it was so fun! Emily was terrified cause she couldn't see her feet through the water,and she thought there were crabs, Julie was just chill as usual, Gabby was just her cute self, and Alicia was like the mom, the only SANE one. hahaha. and I was just my spazzy self. it was so fun! Then we went to Gabby's grandma's to go swimming. it was great! and then we watched She's the Man at Gabby's house, our trademark movie ♥
Then, sadly, my friend week was over. Now family week began!! The rest of my family came down from Wisconsin to the beautiful southern state of Virginia and we enjoyed a week of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and such :) We to Danette's house to swim and we had pizza. and we went to chick fil a with like half of my mom's side of the family. and Chester got re-united with Annabelle. and it was so fun :) Then we went to Mammy's house (my dad's side.) and of course we went to see a movie! Toy story 3 :) which I had already seen once during friend's week, but I didn't mind! And we went to Virginia Living Museum of course. Then I was so happy to get to meet Angel's new baby boy, Nathan. SO adorable. and so good to catch up with old friends.
And of course I got to see Jessica and Hannah!! so fun. I don't even remember how long it had been since I'd seen them. But I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith for the first time, and it was great. Then Sunday came and I was re-united with my old church, the one I loved! I got to see all my old buds, and got to go out to eat with some of them afterward at Q!
Oh, and how wonderful it was to drive by my old house and remember how much I missed it. and how much I want one just like it when I grow up! But sad that someone else gets to live in it...they don't deserve it ;)
AND THEN.....BEACHHHHHHHHH WEEK! we went down to Sandbridge beach, which is a part of Virginia beach. and it was so beautiful and I couldn't imagine a better end to my Virginia trip ♥ we swam, and we tanned, and read books, and we took a million pictures, and watched ghost crabs at night and we took long walks. But all good things must come to an end they say...and they did. Julie had to go home after a delicious dinner at a seafood restaurant right next to our campground. ahh. It was wonderful while it lasted.
Then we left the sunny, blissful land of sand and ocean...and returned to cornfields and cows. It definitely shocked me. But with this stinky, flat land also came my friends and my normal life again. So I was sad, but happy to see them all again.
One of the first things I remember is hanging out with Callie randomly after we got Netflix on our TV. we watched all these random movies and laughed and laughed. Then love bloomed when Luke and Jessi finally got married, and I danced my butt off that night. :) and afterwards I slept over at Jooles' house, of course.
So basically after that there were numerous good memories, with Callie and Catherine, with my family in Door County, and the freaky dancer at the beach and the wind surfing guy giving us the "hang lose" sign. And my fear of heights trying to be conquered...and failing. And then the Whitefish dunes, such gorgeous water...but still something inside me screamed noooo! because there wasn't that tickle of salt in your nose and that whipping southern wind.
THEN. BIBLE STUDY PARTYY! good times. home made drinks my sarah, nails done by sarah, and pictures taken in the beautiful dresses of sarah! Then there was the corn and brat fest, and fireworks with mi data perfecta, JOOLES! Then there was the pleasant surprise of a new camera, for free! and then there were many pictures taken, some of my adorable kitty, Toulouse, some of the sunsets over the many cornfields, and some of my pals: the slum chai dogs, in lake geneva. Then of course, Jooles and I needed another date, so we went to Janesville and went shopping and got ice cream and we laughed, and sang Ridin Solo at least 10 times. ;)
And intermixed within these months was a stupid health class, the Odyssey, and babysitting. And the most recent memories: buying Milly her presents, Coldstone with the slum chai dogs + steven. Old Dogs with Jooles. Yeah, and I have one more week of summer left...what else can I fit in?!